Improving student performance is a community-wide effort which directly involves teachers, administrators, parents, families, and the community. We believe that parental involvement is a necessity as we strive to develop a total child. We are committed to involving parents in shared decision-making and encouraging parents to become active participants in their child's educational process. Valdosta City Schools focuses on effectively communicating instructional goals, creating an environment that is inviting for parents, and establishing the school as the center of the community.
By working together, we provide the knowledge, tools, nurturing, and support children need to excel in school, and ultimately, preparing them for success in post-secondary endeavors and the workplace.
Parent Resource Areas
What are Parent Resource Areas?
- Designated places provided for parent use.
What is provided in the Parent Resource Areas?
- A variety of books, brochures, pamphlets, and flyers designed to help parents with assisting their children in being successful in all of their academic achievements.
- Copies of the school's compact and plans printed and available to parents.
- A computer with internet access.
Who would be available to help if parents/guardians have any questions or concerns?
- The school's Parent Engagement Facilitator or Principal.
When are the Parent Resource Areas available?
- The Parent Resource Areas are available to parents during the school day (8AM - 3PM).
- Special arrangements may be made available if the Parent Resource Area is needed at other times. (Please see the school's Parent Engagement Facilitator or Principal).
Where are the Parent Resource Areas located?
- The Parent Resource Areas are located in the front lobby and in a conference room.
What is required to use the Parent Resource Areas?
- Obtain a visitor's pass from the front office with a request to use the Parent Resource Areas.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please see the school's Parent Engagement Facilitator.
Mrs. Calandra Jackson | (229) 671 - 8455 | firstname.lastname@example.org